Monday, April 30, 2018

Monday Music









One of my favorite parts of EPC's Evening Service is the opportunity for all of us to discuss the morning sermon. So many good questions, so many amazing insights, so many ways to see how God's Word preached resonated with His people. While Steve and I had not heard the Word expounded earlier in the day (Thanks, Steve Leavitt), having driven home from Pittsburgh PA, we still were edified greatly by the discussion.

The question was raised by someone about how "WE" could possibly bless God. What can sinful people ever do to bless the God who blesses us every moment of every day? One of the answers was that we can confidently (Thanks, Sharon) lift up our voices, our hearts, and our worship to God Almighty. 

This morning I received the following link from my brother (Thanks, Chet). It's a video of a worship service IN THE MIDDLE OF TIMES SQUARE during a Luis Palau Festival in 2015. Being from a small New England church it always amazes me to see throngs of people lifting up their praises to the Lord. It reminds me very much of Rev. 7:9:

"After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribeand peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, "Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb."

I look forward to the day when we are all clothed in white and singing our praises to the One who "saved, saved, saved" us. Until then may we appreciate God's amazing power to give us a little picture of heaven through unexpected events like the one in this video, where even in the midst of New York City His people can confidently and unashamedly bless Him and give Him all the glory He so richly deserves.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo--H_yx2vg  (The ad can be skipped after 5 seconds in the lower right side of the screen.)

Lyrics:


Chorus: Bless the Lord oh my soul
Oh my soul
Worship His Holy name
Sing like never before
Oh my soul
I'll worship Your Holy name

The sun comes up
It's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass
And whatever lies before me
Let me be singing
When the evening comes

*Chorus

You're rich in love
And You're slow to anger
Your name is great
And Your heart is kind
For all Your goodness
I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons
For my heart to find

*Chorus

And on that day
When my strength is failing
The end draws near
And my time has come
Still my soul will
Sing Your praise unending
Ten thousand years
And then forevermore
Forevermore

Yes I'll worship Your Holy name
I'll worship Your Holy name
Sing like never before
Oh my soul
I'll worship Your Holy name
Jesus I will worship Your Holy name

Worship Your Holy name.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Candy you blessed my soul this morning watching the fallen city of New York which has been beaten, battered and its buildings have crumbled yet the people of God unite in one Spirit to Bless the Lord with all their soul. I was so inspired and my spirit renewed lifted above the mundane of this day and brought into a spacious place! I had to pass it on to even those in my life who do not know our Jesus
    Keep writing my sweet sister in Christ you are an anchor for the drowning soul. And thanks Chet for sharing that worship with Candy and now us. Pass on the praise don't keep it to yourself!! Hallelujah. Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written blah, blah, blah.... I do get some type of royalty checks because of this correct?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'll send it out on the 1st of Never. ;)

    ReplyDelete