Monday, February 11, 2019

God Can Change Our Loved Ones' Hearts

"I ask, then, has God rejected his people? By no means! For I myself am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, a member of the tribe of Benjamin. God has not rejected his people whom he foreknew. Do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he appeals to God against Israel? “Lord, they have killed your prophets, they have demolished your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life.” But what is God's reply to him? “I have kept for myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace."  Romans 11:1–5

Candy's thoughts: Here is a sermon excerpt (4 mins 55 secs to view) from John Piper's exposition of Romans 11. In this section he is speaking from his heart particularly about his two children who have not (yet) come to faith, but the message is applicable to any of our family members and friends that we desire to see in heaven. Let us bring our sincere petitions to the Lord with confidence that those we love will be part of the "...remnant, chosen by grace."  Amen!

5 comments:

  1. Amen!
    Wonderful encouragement from the Truth of God's Word! Evil is not sovereign! People are not sovereign! Rulers and principalities are not sovereign! God alone, blessed forever,is sovereign! He is sovereign over my heart, and the hearts of those we love. Hallelujah! What encouragement to pray and joy to praise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much to hope for. You give me hope and inspiration Miss Candy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Thank you! God alone turns the heart...He alone rules the heart and He can do whatever it takes...Praying for our loved ones, knowing that we cannot give them new hearts but the Holy Spirit can. HOPE overflowing in my heart today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And again I say... Amen to all these great comments!

    ReplyDelete