Monday, January 13, 2020

Quotables #3

Modern technology is simply amazing. Even though I have had a 'smartphone' for several years (thanks to my kids!), I still marvel at all the bells and whistles and amazing things that are contained within this 5.94" by 2.98" device. Case in point: I took out my ruler and tried to measure the phone and then remembered that I could just use the phone to 'google' the dimension of it - and literally within 9 seconds I had the exact numbers!

So it is with the ease of taking pictures and videos and screenshots which are then put into storage for future enjoyment. My phone now has 6,562 pictures on it (of which 6,559 are probably of just Max and Henry 😁) and 1,232 videos (of which 1,232 are probably of just Max and Henry - why would I take movies of anyone else?  😎). I also have 267 screenshots, many of which are of wonderful quotes, some of which I've shared with you in the past. In an effort to bring that number down to 257, here are the next 10 sayings which I think are so worthy of our consideration.

My favorites are #1, #5, #7, and #9.  Which are yours? I'd love to hear from you in the comments section below this post, or by email if that's easier.


1.  "Just because you can't see or imagine a good reason why God would allow something bad to happen doesn't mean there can't be one." 
     Tim Keller

2.  "There are three great truths. 1st: There is a God. 2nd: He has spoken to us in the Bible. 3rd: He means what He says." 
     Hudson Taylor

3.  "It's not natural for us to offer our hearts to Someone we can't see, hear, or touch. To believe upward requires grace flowing downward." 
     Paul Tripp

4. "God assumed from the beginning that the wise of the world would view Christians as fools... and He has not been disappointed. If I have brought any message today, it is this: Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity. Be fools for Christ. And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world."
     Antonin Scalia

5.  "When I look at myself, I don't see how I can be saved. But when I look at Christ, I don't see how I can be lost."
      Martin Luther

6.  "The life of faith is lived one day at a time, and it has to be lived - not always looked forward to as though the 'real' living were around the next corner. It is today for which we are responsible. God still owns tomorrow."
     Elisabeth Elliot

7. "Satan loves to fish in the troubled waters of a discontented heart." 
     Thomas Watson

8.  "Fear not because your prayer is stammering, your words feeble, and your language poor. Jesus can understand you." 
     J.C. Ryle

9.  "When asked, 'What is more important: praying or reading the Bible?' I ask, 'What is more important, breathing in or breathing out?'"
     Charles Spurgeon 

10. "The wonderful thing about praying is that you leave a world of not being able to do something, and enter God's realm where everything is possible. Nothing is too great for His almighty power. Nothing is too small for His love."  Corrie Ten Boom


4 comments:

  1. Don't tell us that you're going to get rid of numbers 258-267 now that you've posted them!?! I would love to make a screen saver out of #3. I'll probably have to ask one of my children how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I just texted you the picture of #3 so that you can download it onto your devices. Hope it works. 😎

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had trouble choosing they are all good so my favorites, from least to more are #2, #8, #7, #10, #4, and the #1 I like the best is #9 Charles Spugeon!!! Thanks for these wonderful quotes. Hugs Debbi

    ReplyDelete