Monday, August 10, 2020

CandyceLand is in VacationLand Plus Quotables #7



Hello friends,

This weekend Steve and I and our family are heading to VacationLand up north. Because of this I won't be posting for a while but wanted to clear out my phone of great quotes that I've saved since last month. As always, please let me know your favorites!  I also hope you all have a good and healthy few weeks, and I'll be back... sometime? maybe?  The pictures above do not even come close to doing justice to the absolutely gorgeous sunsets from our deck - the views (day and night!) are why we are returning to the same rental as last year - and why I might never come back home.  😳😜😎

My favorites are #2, 6, 9, and 12.


1. "Rest this morning, not because you're healthy or finances are good, but because God reigns for His glory and your good."  Paul Tripp

2.  "No man knows how bad he is till he has tried very hard to be good."  C.S.Lewis

3.  "Prayer does not fit us for the greater work, prayer is the greater work."  Oswald Chambers

4.  "Nearness to God brings likeness to God. The more you see God the more of God will be seen in you."  C.H. Spurgeon

5.  "If you ask, 'Why is this happening?' no light may come, but if you ask, 'How am I to glorify God now?' there will always be an answer."  J.I. Packer

6.  "I want to hate my sins more than I hate the sins of others who sin differently than I do."
Buck Parsons

7.  I don't always FEEL His presence. But God's promises do not depend on my FEELINGS; they rest upon His integrity.  RC Sproul

8.  "The weakness of so many modern Christians is that they feel too much at home in the world."
A.W. Tozer

9.  "Visit many good books, but live in the Bible."  C.H. Spurgeon

10.  "Solitude with God repairs the damage done by the fret and noise and clamor of the world."
Oswald Chambers

11.  "One compromise here, and another there, and soon enough the so-called Christian and the man in the world look the same."  A.W. Tozer

12.  "A Christian who is saturated with the Word," my father wrote, "is likely to have a calm, wholesome outlook on life; to be kept steady in the path of God's will in either joy or sorrow, wealth or poverty; he is likely to be a pleasant companion, not voluble in aimless talk; and he will not be overly disturbed by world conditions."  Elisabeth Elliot


1 comment:

  1. I vote for 9, 10, 11, 12. Hmmm... Maybe I just woke up at the end of the list. I guess I need a vacation. Ha.

    ReplyDelete