Sunday, November 15, 2020

Facing A Task Unfinished

 


I freely admit that I have a strange mind. This entire last week I had planned on doing a post on a totally different subject than what you will read below. But yesterday I enjoyed (and I'm not being sarcastic!) 3 times of leaf-blowing while listening to music that I adore by people I trust in terms of sound theology and beautiful melodies. Despite sore arms from lifting the blower and shaky hands for hours later from the vibrations of the power surges from this mighty machine, I have LOVED listening with headphones cranked very high to overcome the noise of the blower to "Facing A Task Unfinished" by Keith and Kristyn Getty. This DVD was released the day after I saw them perform it at a conference I attended in Indianapolis about 4 years ago. 

The title of this CD gives a hint as to its focus: a mission to spread the gospel throughout the world. The Gettys do an amazing job in their compositions and lyrics to get all of us pumped to see that this goal is achieved. 

(Also, it occurred to me that the title song is a great reminder of another, much less important task: removing leaves from our home. I'm pretty sure I'm starting to recognize previously blown leaves! This task never ends. 😂😂😂) 

Here are just a few of the songs for you to sample. Enjoy!!!

Facing A Task Unfinished

The Lord Is My Salvation

For The Cause

Lift High The Name of Jesus



No comments:

Post a Comment