Thursday, August 16, 2018

Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah

Candy's thoughts: It seems as though everything I read these days has to do with the themes of waiting and patience. Hmmm. Is it possible God is sending multiple helps for a persistent sin of mine but I'm just not listening? Yes indeed, I think that is quite likely.

Here is what God put in front of me yesterday, this time written by one of my favorite columnists. For many years I've wanted to compose small articles like Andree Seu Peterson does for World Magazine - brief yet practical. I hope you enjoy her thoughts on the relationship between biblical heroes and a classic '60s camp song.  😉

2 comments:

  1. Ha, grew up with that song! And recently watched it on youTube with Mother.
    I'll never remember it the same!
    Thank you again. It's difficult to see your life passing by with little to show for it. O to trust the Lord for as much or as little as He wants of me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Candy, you can start composing them when you get back from vacation I know they would be very insightful and thought provoking!

    I have to say my friend you are not the only one who needs daily lessons in patience, I'm right behind you. My favorite thing that Andree says "Waiting is the laboratory of the godly character. We have it all backward when we think our best times are our happy and successful times. Its just the opposite. I have nothing against happiness & success, but nobody ever learned much by them." I have always been a firm believer to thoroughly enjoy the mountain top experience that God lovingly gives us after we have walked through the valley of the shadow of death, or some long difficult teaching trial, whoop it up enjoy it and soak in it because that moment is sure to be gone very soon, then it's back to the valley again for more learning! It seems odd to say but I love learning from trials because they cause me to turn to God in a way that I wouldn't if my days were easy peasy, but that's just me :) Debbi

    ReplyDelete