Monday, September 16, 2019

Quotables 2


I love my smart phone because it enables me to save so much time! I like being able to take a 'screenshot' of many things I find on the internet. I no longer have to scramble for a piece of paper and some writing utensil in order to remember facts or ideas, because with technology I can just take a picture of it. 😉

Here are the last few months of screenshots that I've collected featuring quotes from modern and not-so-modern theologians. I'd like to hear from you as to which ones you found most inspiring, memorable, convicting or thought provoking.

My favorites are the screenshot from above, then #1, #6, #9, #10. What about all you CandyceLand readers?


1.  "If you look at the world, you'll be distressed. If you look within, you'll be depressed. But if you look at Christ, you'll be at rest."  Corrie ten Boom

2.  "We all agree that forgiveness is a beautiful idea until we have something to forgive."  CS Lewis

3.  "Psalms teach us how to worship: Proverbs, how to behave; Job, how to suffer; Song of Solomon, how to love; and Ecclesiastes, how to live."  J. I. Packer

4.  "The ultimate aim is not to escape anxiety but to allow it to usher us into the healing presence of Jesus Christ."  Charles Spurgeon

5.  "In the end, the heart longs not for any of God's gifts, but for God Himself. To see him, know him, and be in his presence is the soul's final feast."  John Piper

6.  "To pray, 'thy will be done,' I must be willing, if the answer requires it, that my will be undone."  Elisabeth Elliott.

7. "The greatest nightmare of the approval addict is rejection; of the power addict, humiliation; of the comfort addict, suffering; and of the control addict, uncertainty."  Tim Keller

8.  "God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him."  Jim Elliot

9. "People will notice your faith, not when it gets you something, but when it costs you something."  Kevin DeYoung

10.  "Those who leave everything in God's hands will eventually see God's hands in everything."  Author Unknown

3 comments:

  1. "The best of men are men at best" I like this one because it reminds me to strive to please the Lord in all I do

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 This sums up my recent prayer thoughts!
    #3 Reminds me I have to read my bible every day or I will risk just being human! It also reminds me how important it is to read the Old Testament, in Steve's sermon a couple Sunday's ago he said something like, (I know this is about quotes but don't quote me :-) It take the Whole bible to know the Whole Jesus to be a Whole Christian. (hope I did that justice Steve)
    #4 Is good because it reminds of what we are studying in James right now, PERFECT!
    OH MY HOW DO I NOT SAY THAT ALL OF THEM ARE THE BEST!
    #5 Is such an intimate statement it gets to the very heart of our heart and the depth of the love and desire we have for our God, not because we can receive things from Him but just because of Who He is to us.
    #8 Has so much to say about trusting and being obedient to God laying down our will and picking us His. Sooo hard to do!
    #10 Is who I want to be Lord help me to put everything in your hands and then to leave it there, then give me eyes to see You at work.
    Great thought provoking quotes, thanks for sharing with us! Debbi

    ReplyDelete