Monday, April 6, 2020

Quotables #4



It's time to clean up the screenshots on my phone, and so I present to you the best quotes I have found since January. Get ready to vote on your favorites!

Mine are #2, #3, and #9.

1. "If there is one maverick molecule in the universe...outside the scope of God's sovereign ordination, then there isn't the slightest confidence you can have that any promise that God has ever made about the future will come to pass."
     R. C. Sproul

2.  "He foresaw my every fall, my every sin, my every backsliding; yet, nevertheless fixed His heart upon me."
     A. W. Pink

3. "The day is coming when there will be a congregation that will never break up, and a Sabbath that will never end, a song of praise that will never cease, and an assembly that will never be dispersed."
     J. C. Ryle

4.  "To know that nothing happens in God's world apart from God's will may frighten the godless, but it stabilizes the saints."
     J. I. Packer

[Interruption to point out that the previous 4 quotes came from men with only 'initials' for their first names. Let me try that out:  C. D. Magee 😉]

5.  "The remarkable thing about God is that when you fear God, you fear nothing else, whereas if you do not fear God, you fear everything else."
     Oswald Chambers

6.  "If you believe in a God who controls the BIG things, you have to believe in a God who controls the little things, It is we, of course, to whom things look little or BIG."
     Elisabeth Elliot

7.  "There is a God in heaven who overrules all things for the best; and this is the comfort of my soul."
     David Brainerd

8.  "Do not ask God to confirm your opinion; ask Him to make your opinion conform to His truth."
     Charles Spurgeon
   
9.  "The music must not turn the church into an audience enjoying the music but into a congregation singing the Lord's praises in His presence."
     John Clavin

10.  "Lord, send me anywhere, only go with me. Lay any burden on me, only sustain me. Sever any ties but the tie that binds me to Thy service and to Thy heart."
     David Livingstone
   

2 comments:

  1. Debbi's favorites #3, 4, 5 8 & 10*
    I also like the C. D. Magee it has a nice ring to it!

    ReplyDelete