Sunday, April 18, 2021

Quotables #10

A couple of days ago I was shocked when I noticed that on my phone are stored 7,920 pictures and 1,278 videos. YIKES!  So I spent a couple of hours scrolling through the phone app and started deleting - about 724 were deemed by me to be not useful anymore - so they have been permanently removed. In order to downsize even more, I'm doing another Quotable post based on the screenshots of terrific quotes I have found. You all know the drill: Please let me know your favorites! 😉

Mine are #6, 8, 12, 13, and 14. 

1. "We forget that God's primary goal is not changing our situations or relationships so that we can be happy, but changing us through our situations and relationships so that we will be holy."  Paul Tripp

2. "God never withholds from His child that which His love and wisdom call good. God's refusals are always merciful - 'severe mercies' at times but mercies all the same. God never denies us our heart's desires except to give us something better."  Elizabeth Elliot

3. "There is no pit so deep, that God's love is not deeper still."  Corrie ten Boom

4.  "Prayer is not magic. God is not a celestial bellhop ready at our beck and call to satisfy our every whim."  R.C. Sproul

5.  "Never pass up the opportunity to keep your mouth shut."  Elisabeth Elliot

6.  "The irony of the Gospel is that the only way to be worthy of it is to admit that you're completely unworthy of it."  Tim Keller 

7.  "Solitude with God repairs the damage done by the fret and noise and clamor of the world." Oswald Chambers

8. "Satan loves to fish in the troubled waters of a discontented heart."  Thomas Watson

9. "It is a good rule never to look into the face of a man in the morning till you have looked into the face of God."  Charles Spurgeon

10. "God's grace means God moving heaven and earth to save sinners who could not lift a finger to save themselves."  J.I. Packer

11. "Be humble, talk little, think and pray much."  George Whitefield

12. "Where there is no holy living, there's no Holy Spirit."  J.C. Ryle

13. "Consider how precious a soul must be, when both God and the devil are after it."  Charles Spurgeon

14.  "Modern religion focuses upon filling churches with people. The true Gospel emphasizes filling people with God."  AW Tozer

15. If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me."  Robert Murray M'Cheyne


4 comments: