Sunday, May 27, 2018

The Time of Old Age


                           

"Do not cast me off in the time of old age; do not forsake me when my strength is spent."   Psalm 71:9

Peterson writes:

"Old age is a time of special need. This prayer expresses the foreboding that when strength fails and usefulness diminishes, life itself will lose its meaning. But God does not love us for what we can do for him, or for our usefulness to society, but for what we are."

"PRAYER: Almighty God, help me to find the meaning of my life, not in the size of my paycheck nor in the list of things I can accomplish, but in the eternal purposes you have set for me in Jesus Christ, in whose name I pray.  Amen."

1 comment:

  1. I put this one in my cart at Amazon anything that will help me to draw closer to God, spend more time with Him and get me into a prayer time is something I want to have.

    I think I could even stay awake at bed time long enough for these short snippets of a Psalm, a meditation thought and short prayer. What a wonderful way to set your mind on the things of God before going into deep sleep where we have trouble controlling what our mind will be thinking. Debbi

    ReplyDelete