Monday, January 14, 2019

Nuggets of Wisdom on the Internet



Say what you will about the dangers of the internet and social media (and there IS a lot that is negative and harmful 😟), but there are definitely many positive benefits as well. Any tool can be used for good or evil, and technology is not an exception. Enjoying pictures of newborn babies and wedding albums, having at our fingertips unlimited resources to study the Bible, the blessings of being able to Skype with missionaries in a foreign land, or reconnecting with long lost friends and relatives are but a few examples of how the internet can enrich our lives. I am often so thankful, then, to also discover precious gems written by people of faith who share their thoughts and prayers with all of us. I saw these two posts recently, one on Facebook and the other on Twitter, and find them beautiful, instructive, and inspiring. I hope you will too.


Always pray to have eyes that see the best in people,
A heart that forgives the worst,
A mind that forgets the bad,
And a soul that never loses faith in God.

*Unknown author


Lord,
I worry because I forget your wisdom.
I resent because I forget your mercy.
I covet because I forget your beauty.
I sin because I forget your holiness.
I fear because I forget your sovereignty.
You always remember me. Help me to remember you.
Amen.

*Tim Keller

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful are both of those, the Tim Keller OE is such a great prayer for us everyday. A prayer of confession, adoration and worship. What a great find in world of technology that is being used for evil, you found a gem.

    ReplyDelete