Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Study Leave 2010

The most dramatic result of our recently ended Study Leave was the completion and publication of Steve's latest book - Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon: Brief Bible Sermons. Initially I was the editor on this project, but was unable to finish it due to my medical leave. God provided a much better solution - our daughter Kristin! As most of you know she is an English major at Grove City College and has been known as "The Grammar Queen" for many years. She graciously stepped in and worked with Steve to finalize the edition that is expected to arrive in our mailbox any day now!

Steve also finished writing all the sermons for the next book - Job: Brief Bible Sermons. These will also be edited by Kristin. Publication date is expected to be early June.

In addition, Steve and I outlined our book entitled Heaven's Comforts: A Guide for the Grieving Soul. Because I am the primary writer on this project, and since my body rebelled and I had to surrender to a totally unexpected surgery, I have only completed the Introduction. These four themes come next: Heaven Exists, Life in Heaven, Heavenly Living on Earth, and The Heavenly Finale. Under the next large section (Heaven Exists) the focus will be on Scripture proofs, beginning with the Old Testament.

Despite the medical complications, this really was an enjoyable and fruitful Study Leave. It is such a blessing to us to be able to have special times like this. Many thanks to Exeter Presbyterian and to all those who prayed for us!

1 comment:

  1. I very much, and very truly, look forward to adding all these books to my library and my reading.

    Love,
    jjm

    ReplyDelete