Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Summertime Reading

Okay, so I ran out of time to write a decent blog for today. My new toy was delivered, and I got seriously distracted by playing with it. It's an iPhone4, and so far I LOVE it. My brain was seriously hurting last night trying to learn as much as a I could while my tutors (my kids!) were here helping me.

Anyway, I thought I would have a little fun and let you see what I ordered today on amazon.com as Women's Study book possibilities. I just love summertime when I have the opportunity to purchase books, read them, and make a decision as to which one the ladies of EPC get to study. Here they are:

How Long, O Lord?: Reflections on Suffering and Evil
By: D. A. Carson

Confessions of a Happy Christian
By: Zig Ziglar

Confessions of a Grieving Christian
By: Zig Ziglar

The Practice of Godliness: Godliness has value for all things
By: Jerry Bridges

Battling Unbelief: Defeating Sin with Superior Pleasure
By: John Piper

A Sweet and Bitter Providence: Sex, Race, and the Sovereignty of God (Study on the Book of Ruth)
By: John Piper

Voices From The Past - Puritan Devotional Readings
By: Richard Rushing

The War of Words: Getting to the Heart of your Communication Struggles
By: Paul Tripp


These are the newest selections, although I have another stack of books sitting in my library which are serious contenders as well. So many books, so little time...

Later today I will turn the air conditioner on, grab a Diet Coke from the fridge, and start my reading. Let the fun begin!!!

2 comments:

  1. I would love to study The War of Words. I had started the book along, with 4 others, and have not gone back to it for a few months. That does not mean I did'nt love it, I just moved into a different place in my marriage that's better because of what I read, so I would love to study it a see more good fruit spring from it.

    I would also like to thank Jan Coskery for loaning it to me and her husband John and your husband Steve for loving Rick and I enough to spend several weeks with us to help us mend some broken fences. The book is so useful to all relationships. That's my two cents. DS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will also google these other books so I am not being single minded! DS

    ReplyDelete