Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Help Wanted: Commenters :)

As I write this Steve and I are on "stay-cation" (a vacation that is spent staying in one's own home.) With that in mind I thought that perhaps this week I would just give a couple of quotations and ask you CandyceLand readers to provide the commentary! Basically I'm minimizing my efforts and maximizing yours. 😀

Please let us know what your reaction is to the quote. If you are having trouble posting a comment - and I am aware some of you are - then you can always let me know what you think by replying to the notification email that will be sent out when the post is published. At that point I can cut and paste your comment onto the blog giving you credit as the writer, or you can be anonymous if you'd prefer. Good idea?

So let's have some fun! Don't be shy! Today's insight is from Tim Keller.

                                 

8 comments:

  1. Sometimes worry is that even though we "know" God will get it right, we are concerned we will not be content or find peace in that outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we need to remember that God will get it right and that thought will help us find peace and be content.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust is accepting God’s plan even though it looks wrong to me. Wisdom comes from hindsight as I see how what seemed weird/wrong/crazy really was God’s plan and it was good. Trust is accepting God’s plan on earth even though I may not see the good ending in my life here. I trust him that he will indeed redeem all things when he comes again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true. Many of the psalms are songs of "remembrance," recalling God's past faithful protections toward the nation of Israel. I'm thinking that we need to do the same when confronted with a perplexing or distressing situation: remember God's mercy toward us in our own history. Perhaps that will help us to trust more when providences seem overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prov. 3:5-6 says to "Trust in the Lord with all of your 'heart'...and that is where I fail...my 'heart' falls so short and I need Jesus' help to fix it daily. "and lean not on your own understanding BUT in all of your ways, acknowledge HIM and He will make your paths straight." A promise filled with such Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know, unknown said it very well, can't come up with anything better at the moment. Will let you know if I have an epiphany (right word?)

    Hope you're loving your staycation. Hugs Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, Debbi, that we have to thank Robin and Anonymous for leading this great discussion. Although, do you think we might have "Anonymous #1" and Anonymous #2?" Hmmmm... :)

    ReplyDelete