Monday, July 23, 2018

My Worth and My Unworthiness


Keith & Kristyn Getty, Michael Card, and Fernando Ortega are the musicians that I listen to the most outside of the church setting. The video that I am posting today has the Gettys and Fernando teaming up in a beautiful song: "My Worth Is Not In What I Own" from their CD Facing a Task Unfinished. The music is lovely and the lyrics full of praise for God's redeeming work 'at the cross.'

While each verse is wonderful, I am particularly struck by the concept of "My Worth and My Unworthiness." It is the gospel in just five words.

Let me know what you think of this song. 🎶

5 comments:

  1. I had never heard this song before but Fernando Ortega is one of my all time favorites! He sings Truth, as well as the Getty's, and that is what ministers to the hearer. Thank you for posting this. I am definitely a fan...of his and of yours! :O) Simone

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely a fan of Miss Anonymous Simone commenting on this blog. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Candy, worship music doesn't get better than that! Thanks so much for posting this I can't wait to share it with my peep's :) A heavenly combination of worship musicians I will seek to find the CD and use them as gifts for there is no better gift then the stirring of ones heart with Gods beautiful music.
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, and hugs :-) Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome. You're welcome. You're welcome. :-)

    ReplyDelete