Friday, July 6, 2018

How God Sometimes Answers Prayers in Ways We Would Not Have Expected

"I Asked the Lord that I Might Grow" has been one of my favorite songs in the last few years. It is a John Newton hymn written at a very difficult time in his life. The tune here is different from the one in our new EPC hymnal, but the words remain the same - both convicting and riveting.

The entire album by Indelible Grace is free to stream on Amazon if you are an Amazon Prime subscriber, or available on iTunes, or as a CD. I can't recommend this music enough. I LOVE every single song and will slowly be posting each one here on CandyceLand.

P.S. In case you can't see the above links, just click on the purple words 'hymn' and 'entire album.'

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for blogging that. I will look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Spoke to my heart. Thanks for supplying the link to the hymn.
    Doris
    Please add your blog to my email too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I'm listening to the entire album on Amazon I have to say I was quite surprised to hear "In The Hours" I was picturing myself standing next to you live at their concert rockin' it with the pastors wife!! Woo hoo, lift up those hands and sing to Jesus!! Thanks for that joyful moment in my brain! Debbi :-)

    ReplyDelete