Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Challenge to Readers of CandyceLand

Today begins a new adventure for CandyceLand - we're going on a road trip! We leave today for Atlanta where we will celebrate the wedding of a special friend. We will be coming back via Pittsburgh to meet up with Kristin and Dan. And yes, Pittsburgh is definitely NOT on the 'way back' from Atlanta to New Hampshire - but it will be for us. Kristin has a present to give to me, so that's all the incentive I need to drive there. :-)

As I write this, I wonder what other "Lands" there are in this world. I can think of DisneyLand, GraceLand, the Holy Land, the Land Before Time, MaryLand, Land's End, TV Land, Land O'Lakes, La La Land, the Land of Make Believe, LegoLand, and of course, CandyLand.

Now here's the deal: while I am driving south today, I want the rest of you people to put your brains into gear and come up with more "Lands" to explore! If I am able to check in tonight, I want to see lots of activity here on CandyceLand!!!

7 comments:

  1. When I was in High School I worked at Adventureland which was in Newbury, Ma. I worked in a gift shop in Dodge City. It was a fun job for a teenager. It was my first paying job. I got $1.00 an hour. My mom drove me and a couple of my friends there every day. Even when I was off she drove my friends.
    Hope you and Steve have a wonderful vacation.
    You will be in our prayers. JC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never, Never Land

    Land of the Lost

    Gilligan's IsLAND


    ~Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and can't forget the South Land! :-)

    ~Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Then in Memphis there is an amusement park called "LibertyLand"....

    ~Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  5. New EngLAND, Toy LAND, then I ran a google search (this is fun)! I think there must be a land that begins with every letter in the alphabet EX: Backlands, (which is where we are headed today Wilton, Maine), Badlands, Dixieland, dreamland, farmland, grassland, heartlands, just to name a few. Fun Candy hope you have a wonderful trip, you are in our prayers. DS

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did we miss New EngLAND?

    ~Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA! Guess it was to obvious DS

    ReplyDelete