Friday, October 9, 2009

Foolish Felon

I love reading wacky news stories. Somehow I always gravitate to the "Odd News" on the Yahoo website, or the "Quick Takes" in World Magazine. I found a story in the October 10th issue of World that truly amazed me. I have left out the name of the alleged robber to spare him even more embarrassment...

"The next time ----- wants to burglarize a house, maybe he'll stick to his priorities. Police say the 19-year-old Pennsylvania teen burglarized a nearby Martinsburg, PA, home, rifling through drawers and cabinets before making off with a pair of diamond rings on August 28th. But before leaving the home, police say Parker stopped to check his Facebook profile on his victim's home computer and neglected to log off. Policy easily tracked down the teen and charged him with a felony burglary count."

I must confess to some sympathy with this young man, as I have displayed similar stupidity. NO - I have never committed burglary, but I have stopped to check MY Facebook profile on my brother's computer and then neglected to log off. Chet had lots of fun changing my settings and posting funny status messages on my behalf before I reached home and discovered his crime. What fun he had that day at my expense! :-)

And by the way, I just checked the Facebook page for the burglar named in this article, and his account has been deleted. I wonder if there's a "Facebook for Felons" network?

1 comment:

  1. Awakening this morning to such false and slanderous accusations is a disheartning way to start the day! I will say that IF I was responsible it WAS fun.

    ReplyDelete