Thursday, January 7, 2010

Spiritual Wait-Lifting #2

What I didn’t mention in yesterday’s post is that Paul Tripp makes a number of great observations in his meditation on Psalm 27:14: “Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord.”

I have decided to outline for CandyceLand readers Tripp’s helpful advice for making the best use of waiting. Here’s an introductory paragraph from Tripp before we get to his practical applications (future posts):

“Waiting always presents me with a spiritual choice-point. Will I allow myself to question God’s goodness and progressively grow weaker in faith, or will I embrace the opportunity of faith that God is giving me and build my spiritual muscles? It’s so easy to question your belief system when you are not sure what God is doing. It’s so easy to give way to doubt when you are being called to wait. It’s so easy to forsake good habits and to take up habits of unfaith that weaken the muscles of the heart. Let me suggest some habits of unfaith that cause waiting to be a time of increasing weakness rather than of building strength.”

SO that’s where we are headed – five habits of unfaith that distract and distance us from where we really want to be. Within a week we should be on the road to stronger spiritual muscles. Get ready for some exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment