Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I Can't Think of a Title...

So today is the one-month anniversary for this blog! It's been interesting... I have learned a lot since my first post on August 7th. For instance:

1. It's fun and not fun to do this. The fun part is hitting "save" when I have completed something. The not fun part is the ungodly panic over what to write.

2. I've learned that it takes about 2 hours per day to keep this up. Sometimes the easiest part is the writing; it's the image and title that can take longer.

3. In one month, there have been 1,501 page hits (I'll keep updating this number until I go to bed tonight).

4. I have learned that my brother Chet is probably responsible for half of those numbers! He is my mentor, and he rebukes me every time I forget to include a title or image. Thanks for the help, brubby.

5. I have the best consultant ever. I won't mention Steve's name because I know he would be embarrassed if I did that. Oops...

6. It's easy to delete hours of unsaved work with just one misplaced finger on the keyboard. OUCH - that happened twice.

7. Mostly, though, I have been humbled by the encouragement many of you have given to me in the last month. As soon as I think "...nah, maybe I'll just give up this silly project" someone new mentions to me that she enjoyed reading one article or another, and that does help keep me going.

Now, I will very carefully move my index finger far away from the 'delete' button and toward the 'save' button... :-)

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, thanks for the visual. That's what happens when I spend half an hour pouring my heart out in an email that I am typing and all of the sudden, POOF! It's gone. I'll keep a closer eye on the right side of my keyboard. Debbi Alias (D) or (DS)

    ReplyDelete