Thursday, November 5, 2009

Room With a View

By now most of the regular readers of this blog know that I am attracted to weird news stories. I have even discovered that on yahoo.com there is a section devoted to "Odd News." What fun I have sometimes reading the wide variety of stories that they post! Here is one about how to spend LOTS of money:

"A company behind plans to open the first hotel in space says it is on target to accept its first paying guests in 2012 despite critics questioning the investment and time frame for the multi-billion dollar project. The Barcelona-based architects of The Galactic Suite Space Resort say it will cost 3 million euro ($4.4 million) for a three-night stay at the hotel, with this price including an eight-week training course on a tropical island. During their stay, guests would see the sun rise 15 times a day and travel around the world every 80 minutes. They would wear velcro suits so they can crawl around their pod rooms by sticking themselves to the walls like Spiderman... More than 200 people have expressed an interest in traveling to the space hotel and at least 43 people have already reserved rooms."

I hardly know what to think of this proposal. On the one hand, how cool would that be to see God's creation from such great heights? On the other, how crazy is it to spend 4 million dollars for 3 days in a hotel?

All in all, I think I'll just wait for the time when God will say to me: "Behold, I create new heavens and a new earth!" (Isaiah 65:17). I will then have the best room, the best view, and the best robes of righteousness for all eternity. It will cost me nothing, but I'll try to remember the great cost to my Host - the cross.

1 comment:

  1. May I share a dinner with you and enjoy the view as we dine at God's table and feast on His abundance?? Hugs Debbi Schaefer (DS)

    ReplyDelete