Thursday, November 19, 2009

Why?

Trusting in God seems so easy sometimes, particularly when life is going well, the job is satisfying, the kids are thriving, and the bank account looks well padded. Trusting in God seems so difficult, though, when a major crisis strikes, shaking us to the core. We feel as though we are falling into an abyss, with no one to catch us. This is where faith needs to be supported by right thinking.

Below is an excerpt of an email I received yesterday. It gives us solid instruction in the way to consider our God and how He normally deals with His saints who are afflicted:

"'Get solidly in your mind who God is," said Dr. E.V. Hill. 'He is not a smart man somewhere who finished from Yale or Harvard who is trying to figure out day-to-day problems for people... He is the eternal I AM. He is the eternal last word. And He is love.

So when He does something or permits something to happen, you are the one who has to wade through all of this human thinking of what God should have done. God is the Answer. It has been my experience that if you continue to have faith and continue to stay at your post, God somehow will explain it to you. He doesn't have to, but I've seen it over and over. I've seen people come up to me and say, 'Pastor, it's been a long time, but I'm beginning to see now. I'm beginning to see.' God is the answer to every question and every need."

I think the idea that we will have all the "WHY?" questions answered is hopeful, but I'm not convinced that the timing will necessarily be this side of Heaven. I also believe that when we do arrive in Heaven, we might not care anymore. We will probably be so happy in Jesus and full of gratitude to see our loved ones that the "Why's" won't matter one little bit. And that is good news, indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your devotional blogs Candy; especially these past 3 days. I have found them helpful and encouraging. My response is "Amen."

    Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete