Saturday, August 8, 2009

I did it again. I had resolved a while ago to stop this bad habit. I wonder if I’m the only one in the Christian world that “glances over Scripture.” For instance, I was reading a Banner of Truth article earlier today. A paragraph or so into the essay the author laid out his Scripture proof – a section of Romans 1. I gave a cursory glance to the verses, enough to say to myself “Yes – Romans 1 – depravity – I know these verses - I don’t have to read more.” I then proceeded to get on to the main point of the article. WHOA. I had done it again. I was so eager to finish the reading that I didn’t slow down enough to take in these verses. How did I get to be so “sure” of God’s Word that I felt a cursory glance would be sufficient? Since when did Scripture become just an addendum to other writing? How did the Word of God stop being the main point of every article? Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment