Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Let It Snow

While trying to think of something to write for today's blog, I kept getting distracted by the beauty of the snow that was gently falling from the sky onto the the grass below my window. I have always loved winter. As we Magees (well, at least the Steve Magees!) like to say about New Hampshire, "That's why we live here!"

Have you ever wondered what the Bible says about snow? There are two Scriptures that immediately come to mind - and both of them are wonderful images of our ultimate standing before God:

"Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow." (Psalm 51:7)

“Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool." (Isaiah 1:18)

Snow... a lovely gift from Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment