Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Listen To This

Many days ago I wrote about the danger of listening to one's own thoughts continually, especially those that lead to hopelessness and despair. I have found a great alternative to this type of behavior - Pandora internet radio!

What is this? The best description is from Wikipedia:

"Users enter a song or artist that they enjoy, and the service responds by playing selections that are musically similar. Users provide feedback on approval or disapproval of individual songs, which Pandora takes into account for future selections."

For example, this morning I set Pandora to play music similar to that of Fernando Ortega - one of my two favorite artists. About every third or fourth song, Pandora will play something by Fernando Ortega. All the other music is similar to the type of music that Fernando Ortega performs. I think Pandora does a fantastic job selecting music that matches a listener's preferences. I have a great appreciation now for artists that I would never have know about before I was introduced to this free service.

By the way, this is not just for Christian music - you can enter Johnny Cash or Benny Goodman or the Beatles. And you can have multiple stations set up and ready to go as your mood changes!

I heartily recommend that all CandyceLand readers try this out. You can set it up to play on your computer or phone or have it stream through your television (as we do) to take advantage of better speakers.

This certainly helps to chase away negative thoughts. Happy listening!

1 comment:

  1. Add a cup of tea to that and "LIFE IS GOOD" :-)

    ReplyDelete