Thursday, April 1, 2010

It's Time To Think About Time

Time is a strange concept for me. Think of all the cliches you've ever heard: 'In the nick of time.' 'There is no time.' 'Time flies away.' 'What a waste of time.' 'I lost track of time.' There are many more cultural expressions of time than these few. But here is what I read yesterday about time in Psalm 90:

"For a thousand years in your sight are but as yesterday when it is past, or as a watch in the night."

This verse matches my experience: while my days sometime seem endless, the weeks, months, and years really do pass quickly. And what hope this brings to my soul! In just a little while, all the distresses and sorrows and frustrations of this life will be gone, replaced with an eternity filled with joy and satisfaction and bliss.

Hmmm. Sounds like another familiar verse:

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us." (Romans 8:18)

So let's all 'take the time' to meditate on the truth of these two verses for this life, and at 'just the right time' God will lift us up to Heaven. Amen to that.

1 comment:

  1. I'm behind on my reading. This was a joy to read this morning. Thank you for the encouragement.

    ~jjm

    ReplyDelete