Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sandra Meets Candy

CandyceLand readers who know me personally understand that I am focused on 'efficiency.' I tend to time different routes to the same destination in order to save a few seconds of driving; I wait until I am sick to go to the doctor for an annual physical to get the appointment paid for by insurance; and I prefer to do cross-stitch/write emails/read/iron while watching ball games or movies in order to get more accomplished. Get the picture?

So I have decided to follow up on yesterday's blog about our study leave by occasionally posting blogs that summarize our progress thus far. This allows me to focus on just one subject, gives me a topic for each day, and ensures that I really do the writing for the book because I would surely be embarrassed to have to write a blog saying "Sorry - it didn't really work out. Steve is driving me crazy and I just can't work with him." :-)

The report thus far? We're okay. We are still speaking to one another. We were very 'efficient' yesterday during a ride to Portsmouth yesterday - I drove while Steve typed. We were able to outline the book, and even came up with a tentative title: Heaven's Comforts: A Guide for the Grieving Soul. My goal tomorrow is to write the Introduction, and Steve will work on the Appendix.

And I think Sandra Bullock should play me in the movie version of my life as a writer.

3 comments:

  1. Definitely Sandra Bullock!

    ~JJM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the book name you have chosen, it makes me think of a soft pillow that we look forward to laying our weary heads down on the end of each day. Carry on and may God have His Almighty Hand on the two of you as you walk together hand in hand on this blessed journey! Sandra Bullock would have big shoes to fill if she played you as a writer. Hugs DS

    ReplyDelete
  3. And should I show up in the movie, please have Meg Ryan play me. thanks.

    ReplyDelete