Friday, April 2, 2010

Odd News Friday

Have you heard of a 'bucket list?' Apparently it's a list that a person makes of things to do before death - usually includes items like taking the grandchildren to Disney, vacationing in an exotic location, or parachuting from an airplane. One woman in Florida, however, probably qualifies for one of the most unique desires ever - she wanted to rob a bank:

"For a Florida woman who says she suffers from non-terminal leukemia and bipolar disorder, robbing a bank was something she wanted to do before she dies, she told MyFoxOrlando.com. Patricia Edwards, 51, walked into a Bank of America branch last week in Sanford, Fla., and handed a teller a note demanding money. 'There was no plan, no nothing, just impulse,' Edwards told the Web site in an exclusive interview from the Volusia County Jail. 'I just walked by. I said, I'm gonna go in there... passed a note to gain some cash and I left.' Asked why she committed the crime, Edwards said: 'Because it was something I had on my bucket list... I think everyone should have a list of things they want to do before they expire.'" (foxnews.com)

Oh my. I sure hope spending some time in the Volusia County Jail was on her 'bucket list,' because that's where she is right now!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well I'm not sure that was a very good idea on her part, but the thought that did run through my mind when I read your first paragraph was; I'm not to worried about getting to all places that I wanted to see while walking on this earth. I am confident that I will have an eternity to see and experience all of the desires of my heart and even more than I could ever imagine!!

    God delights in us and His Son Jesus is preparing the most amazing place for us to spend forever and ever!! Now that's a bucket list! DS

    ReplyDelete